Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Who Is To Blame?

If I read ahead in a book, is it my fault for being impatient or the author's fault for not keeping my interest? I feel guilty for reading ahead; my daddy would be scandalized by it. However, sometimes I just can't help myself, and I fear it's getting worse, like my patience is wearing ever more thin as I get older. In my defense, I do always read every word of the book. I don't skip ahead and not go back. Does that make it a little more pardonable?

I am ashamed to admit that I've been watching Hogan's Heroes. They have a marathon on Monday nights on some channel. My husband is to blame for this. He enjoys lots of things WWII related, but Hogan's Heroes is downright silly. Click here if you'd like to have the theme song stuck in your head for a few hours.

I can't keep a conversation going. During my Sunday lunch date, I had to ask H-from-college once what I'd been talking about. I find this happening quite often. I'll forget what I was about to say or what I'm in the middle of saying. It makes me angry sometimes. I'll have something I want to talk about, and then it's gone right out of my head. I know, I shouldn't be thinking about what I want to say when another person is talking, but sometimes it's in response to a topic the other person brought up. I blame coming off of a good nine months of sleep deprivation.

No comments: