Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Treasure Hunt Finds (from long ago)

Over at Small Things -, you can see some interesting items found during treasure hunts. Reading that post made me remember this bottle. I got a little frantic when I didn't immediately find it under the sink (where I was sure it would be), but further poking around revealed it was there, just further back than I looked the first time. I found this bottle buried in the ground when I was a little girl. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact place, but I do remember thinking it might be a genie bottle. It doesn't have any writing that reveals what it once contained. If anyone recognizes the bottle, please leave a comment. Typing this, I'm starting to think I found it on my grandparents' land in a wooded area when walking with my daddy. I like to use it as a vase for daffodils now.
The small rock is what my daddy called a "jack rock." My brother said you can google jack rocks, but I didn't find anything... maybe I need to go through more results pages. When we visited my daddy's parents, there was an old dirt road where you could find lots of these cube-shaped jack rocks (this one has a corner broken off). For my brother and I, finding one was a big deal. So, there's some treasure from my childhood.

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also (Matt. 6: 21 KJV)

No comments: