Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fabric Find & Free Knitting Pattern

I went to a local secondhand shop that is run by the local Junior League on Friday and found what might be an old curtain.




I'm not sure what I will do with it (if anything), but I was sort of thinking an apron. Check out the little points on the edge.



Wouldn't those be cute for the bottom of an apron? The fabric is definitely heavy (like a curtain) and also a bit worn, but I like some aged things. Plus, it was $1.00. The first picture is a better representation of the color, by the way. I wouldn't say the colors or designs are my style, but old and cheap seemed to speak to me.

I discovered a great, free summer scarf pattern at StardustShoes blog. It's called Morning Snack Scarf. Don't you love it? And the name?

Sew Mama Sew has been sponsoring May Giveaway Day (http://www.sewmamasew.com/), so my fingers have been typing at a lot of new blogs. So, I've discovered some neat, free stuff!
This is a pattern for a baby dress that can become a tunic as baby grows.
More to say, but C and H are putting our double stroller together as I type! Must go check it out!


1 comment:

mel said...

Whoa! Love the tunic/dress and will SO be using this pattern very soon!! Thanks for the link. The scarf is awesome! Are you going to try it? Post pictures if so!! I heart scarves. :)

I haven't been able to get around to as many blogs as I've wanted from Sew Mama Sew unfortunately.

I love that $1 fabric! Great find. Chris' dad and granddad let me go through some of his mom's old fabrics from yeeears ago this weekend. I was able to snag some nifty items. I'm envisioning some cloth napkins. :)

Hope we get to see you Thursday!!