Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Hitch in My Giddy-up

I really, really want to be doing a whole bunch of sewing for the coming baby, but my aching legs make the cutting fabric and ironing parts of sewing difficult. Here is my first finished project for baby:
Itty Bitty Baby Dress tutorial from Made by Rae (free!)

So, my varicose veins have really put a hitch in my sewing giddy-up as well as my giddy-up in general. I am hoping to go tomorrow to get some better support hose that the midwife actually wrote a prescription for. Maybe that will help me get going on my ever-growing list of projects for baby.

In other news, things that are making me happy:

1) Only one more week of school for the boys! Hooray! Can't wait to wake up and not have to rush around like a mad woman.

2) A shower for baby! Great friends are hosting a shower for me and baby next month. I have been having so much fun registering for pink clothes. Mel, wouldn't it be cool if you could register at fabric.com??

3) Aunt J and her husband are visiting us today! They are in town for the week from their home in London.

4) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe from Smashed Peas and Carrots go here! Dangerously yummy!

5) C has agreed to paint baby's room if I take the boys away from the house for a full day :)

Hope to be back with more sewing projects soon! Maybe between the new hose and no school, I'll be giddy-upping:)

1 comment:

mel said...

Oooh! What color are we (C) painting Baby's room!?

I'm so sorry for your achy legs. And my mama is too. She, like her mother too, has vericose veins and they were terrible painful during her pregnancies. August is coming though!!

Got the shower invite yesterday!! So pretty in pink! I think a fabric.com GC sounds very fun! Funny you should mention it...