Thursday, June 3, 2010

Vintage Dress

Can I call it a vintage dress if it's at least as old as me? I think I'm probably vintage by now.

Sometimes, being a pack rat pays off. I remember putting this dress on a doll named Mrs. Beasley (apparently from a TV show called A Family Affair, I don't remember the show, do remember the doll). Anyhow, it needs a little repair, but I love it! The picture is from my iPhone, so not the best quality. The main fabric is navy blue with tiny white polka dots. Edited: I meant to explain that I think it was a cousin's or aunt's dress, that we later dressed the doll with. I think it's probably sized for a three year old.

I am still in a flutter, adding to my crafts for baby girl list way too often! Hopefully, I'll have some more finished projects to post about soon. Just wanted to prove I'm still here!

5 comments:

mel said...

I love this! Looks very Rainbow Brite-ish!! You said it was for a baby doll you had...was it a large doll? Are you going to give this old dress some love for your baby girl to wear?? That would so cool!

K said...

Sorry about that, I edited the post. I think it started out as someone's dress, and then we started dressing the doll in it after it was grown out of. So, yes, hoping little girl can wear it.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I love it! And it's absolutely vintage. Not sure how old something has to be though. I know "antique" is 100 years - but that's another one that's pretty loosely used...

Christy said...

So cute, and so vintage, for sure!

The Via Colony said...

Ooh...I LOVE it!