Saturday, April 25, 2009

Head Case

Sorry for my blog neglect. Remember the ceiling fan episode? Well, a week ago, my right ear started feeling strange again (the doctor calls it enhanced hearing), so I've spent the last week going to doctors and worrying myself sick over my ear. The eye-ear-nose-and-throat specialist says to give it some time. I don't know for sure if it's from the ceiling fan or the tremendous amount of pollen in the air around here right now. Anyway, after quizzing the doctors as to whether I might have a blood clot in my head, excess cerebral spinal fluid, a tumor, and being told no to all, I am trying not to worry about it (ha!). Still, my right ear is more sensitive to sound than my left, and it is a strange feeling to say the least. So that's where I've been, and of course, I'm reading a lot to keep my mind off my worry.

Here are some highlights from my week:

Last Saturday, H was a ring-bearer for the third time. He did well, but the wedding was about a 3 hour ride away. That's a long time in a car, really.

H rode a horse at the yearly picnic hosted by the school district and Rotary club (the horse was led around a ring by teenage volunteer). So proud of him! We could see that he was nervous while waiting, but he did it!

I made an effort to get out of the house each morning that H did not have school, even if it was just a car ride to take our electric payment. We visited a local plant/flower store just to look around, stopped by Dunkin Donuts, and went to the fabric store. A strange thing happened at the fabric store. We were waiting to have our fabric cut, and the elderly lady who was having fabric cut asked the employee if she could "leave this for you to read at your convenience." The employee looked kind of mad and replied, "you can leave it on the counter if you'd like." I am guessing it was some sort of religious pamphlet, but I really have no idea what it was.

C and I went to a concert last night. The music was fantastic, but we got a late start and the traffic was horrendous getting there. Still so worth it though, but boy have we been tired today. Afraid we are feeling like old folks.

Tonight, we went to Chik-Fil-A for supper. As we were walking out, I saw a familiar face. It was a girl I knew from college. It was surreal. I saw her and immediately knew her face and name. I hesitated for a split second, but then saw her recognize me. I have often wondered how she was doing. I had not seen or talked to her since 1998. Unbelievable! She was stopping there on her way to a concert.

We went and got a rain check for a swing set that was on sale. Not sure when they'll come in, but we think the boys are going to love it!

So that's about all I can think of right now. I need to wash dishes and get to bed. Tomorrow, we are going double-stroller shopping!


Kate Coveny Hood said...

I used to completely ignore all aches and pains, but now that I'm "old" I fear the worst. I think it has to be age...or maybe too many doctor/hospital shows on TV... Three seasons of Grays Anatomy and suddenly I can diagnose brain tumors...

Kitty said...

seriousy?? ring bearer for the third time? did any of the doctors tell you the ear thing was stress related? that would do me in!!!

K said...

Kate - I know, my dad used to joke that every time me or my mom passed a CVS, we thought we added an MD to our names.

Kitty - Truly, the third time. Actually, the doctors have been kind enough to not tell me it may be stress related. Now, I'm going to the chiropractor and crossing my fingers it's helping.