Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Yellow Bird Fabric: A Serendipitous Tale

When I saw this picture in the May issue of Cookie magazine, I wasn't paying attention to the room (the article was about decor). I was mesmerized by the little girl's dress. That beautiful fabric.

Alas, looking in the magazine and on Cookie mag's website gave me no information about the dress (I was looking for a Where to Buy). So, a couple of weeks went by, and I was on Mel's blog and clicked on her link to Alewives Girl. Imagine my surprise to see a picture of a little girl wearing a top made out of this fabric. (Thanks, Mel!)
I quickly commented, asking Rhea (the owner of the fantastic Alewives Girl) if she could tell me about the fabric. She commented back that it was an Alexander Henry fabric available in her web store. With bated breath did I click on the link to the web store, then to the Alexander Henry fabrics, and then...

what light through yonder iPhone screen did break? It was the fabric with birds golden as the sun. The next day, my fingers quickly did the ordering, and in a very few days (thanks, Rhea), this arrived
Isn't that so beautifully wrapped? And, it contained a hand-written note from Rhea. So nice. So here it is
No, I don't exactly know what I am going to do with it, but I know I love it!

3 comments:

mel said...

It would make an oh-so-lovely skirt!! I don't think I'd have thought that before seeing it on the little girl though.

I have lusted over that fabric for a bit now and have no idea what I'd do with it, but I love it too! :)

I just placed another fabric order tonight. Help me, someone, I can't stop!! I'm thinking of creating and joining my own Fabric AA club. I will be Founder, CEO and 1st member.

I'm not just the Founder of Fabric AA, I'm also a member.

Christy said...

I soooo wish I could sew. Maybe I'll take a class one day...

Rhea Butler said...

What a great post!!! I'm so glad you appreciated the wrapping and the hand-written note (That's why we do what we do!), but most of all, I am so glad that you found your fabric "Prince Charming."

XO,

Rhea