Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Chik-Fil-A aka The Twilight Zone

On Labor Day, we went to Chik-Fil-A for some of the free chicken strips (if you were wearing a football team shirt). Hilariously, I had to wear a sweatshirt (we have no adult football t-shirts in this house), and the baby wore a team t-shirt. Anyway, the strips were not good, but H's nuggets tasted a little off, too. C says the seasoning was not the usual. So, we sit down to eat, and from behind me, I hear this woman's voice that sounds like Minnie Mouse. C referred to her as helium-girl. Then, an elderly man comes out of the restroom, and I notice he is walking sort of carefully. I sort of have a shot of sympathy run through me, as my dad became unsteady when he was sick. Then, as we are packing up our tray for C to take to the trash can, I hear a noise like a snore. C glances up and is trying not to laugh. It's the older man. He has set down at a table, propped his head on his hand, and is, apparently, asleep! I manage to keep H inside the booth with me until C comes back from the trash can. C is trying his best not to laugh, and I am okay until I see his face, struggling not to laugh. We manage to hold it together, despite H's getting a little too close to the older man's personal space and looking at him with interest. When we get out to the car, C explains that the man almost slid off his chair at one point. I am still a little concerned about the man, but when we drive past the windows as we're leaving, we can see he has switched chairs at his table and now has a drink, hopefully, something caffeinated. It was definitely like we'd left the normal realm, but, still, I would have felt a lot better if that older man had moved to a booth.

1 comment:

mel said...

That's funny. Of course you'd have to wear the sweatshirt on the day it started warming up again around here!

I do wonder what the older gentleman's story was though...