Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Feeling Bubbly

This morning, while W was napping, H and I headed outside to blow some bubbles. The wind was lifting and tossing the bubbles, some as high as the tree tops, before they burst! What a beautiful, taste-of-Spring day. I am always reminded of the simple pleasures when watching H watch his bubbles. We discovered some flowers that have put on their Spring best.

We also spied this little guy trying to hang on to his branch during all that wind.
.
H and I talked about how some seeds travel much like the bubbles. It was a very science-y sort of morning. Then, in the evening, I headed for my library book club where the discussion of Pride and Prejudice lasted over an hour and someone had to come tell us that the library would be closing in ten minutes!!! That's some good discussion, y'all! And, if talking about Jane Austen for over an hour with other book-lovers doesn't make me all bubbly, I don't know what does. I gave my mom a hug when I got home for watching the boys for me, so that I could attend the book club. There was also some discussion of the two currently popular versions of P and P: the BBC version and the Keira Knightley version. I am a die hard BBC version fan, as I believe Colin Firth was born to play Mr. Darcy. However, I do confess that I have never even seen the Keira Knightley version. So, after listening to all the talk about them both, I feel the urge to watch the one again and the other for the first time. If you've seen both, tell me which one you like best. I see a trip to Blockbuster in my (hopefully near) future.

2 comments:

mel said...

I could not believe it when Chris and I saw daffodils in the field yesterday! Holy smokes! Did we completely skip winter this year? Although, Chris is a little excited about the milder weather, even though we're both fall/winter lovers. He says he'd rather bring Baby home in the sun than the sleet/snow. I guess he has a point. :)

I love kids and bubbles. It just puts a smile on my face thinking about how excited they get over them. Glad y'all had a good day.

And finally, I'm ashamed to say that I've never seen the BBC version of P&P. I have wanted to for a long time and it has to be the best one. I mean, c'mon, Colin Firth. Oh yeah, if meant for anything it was Mr. Darcy. And I can't really imagine KK in any role so I feel like I'll be going into the newer one with some bias. Ah well. Maybe I should get the BBC one to take to the hospital. Lemme just head over to netflix. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought the Keira Knightly version was really good. I can't say I liked it better because the BBC version is so good. But I was pleasantly surprised and have watched it mumerous times lately - it seems to be on tv every weekend!