This weekend I tried on my pants for the first time. I am pretty pleased with how they are turning out. The legs are a bit baggy, but if I think they are too baggy, I may make them capri-length. After trying them on, I though the front seam (along the rise) looked a bit too plain (as seen in the above picture). After reviewing Joann's instructions, I realized I was supposed to top-stitch that seam. So, I've done that, and they look much, much better. It's amazing what a little contrasting thread can accomplish. I finished up the butt-darts yesterday, so now it is on to back pockets (hopefully today).
I am so glad I decided to try to make these. The process is really helping me gain some confidence in my sewing. I still have much to learn, but now I know "anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
13 hours ago