Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Without Further Ado... Project Two Completed

My second completed project (I finally got the button on).



The handles...








This is a shot of the inside lining and pocket (I couldn't get a good shot of this without my hand

being in the picture, too).




I cropped that last photo in PhotoShop all on my own! C, now that you see the cropped version, are you still impressed?

I love the fabrics, but I think of something a bit larger when I hear "tote." I really would like to try to play with the dimensions and make it bigger. However, for me, it might be better to find a novice-level pattern. There are several more projects I want to get busy on, but I need to get to a sewing supply store before I can get very far with anything. I am considering packing the boys up in the car and going today or tomorrow. It's not so easy taking them to the sewing supply store, but maybe I can swing it. The weekend is getting quickly booked up with haircut trips, a birthday party, and the like, so I'm pretty sure today or tomorrow may be my best bet.

We loved watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. H laughed out loud at Linus struggling with the big pumpkin at the beginning. Our whole family was snuggled up on the couch watching together by the end of the show. Now that's a Halloween treat!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like the tote! And all of you together on the couch watching Charlie Brown is so sweet. I thinik it was on a little to late here for the kids.

mel said...

What a nice moment for you and the family! I adore Charlie Brown and can't wait for those times with my Little Bit (my mommma's new nickname for Baby)! :)

The bag looks great! I love that button. I'm looking forward to starting on the pattern I have for my cousin's bag. It's more of the size I think of when I hear 'tote'. I'm hoping to get started on it next week. Pics will follow upon completion (barring tragedy or sheer ugliness). :)

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Wow! I wish I knew how to make things... I feel like I have it in me - but I don't know how to sew.

mel said...

I would like to add that if I, who lacks any spatial or imaginary talent whatsoever, can learn to sew then anyone can! Go for it Kate!

Shelley said...

I love it!

V and Co. said...

first off thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, i love that quote! second, look at your bag! how adorable!!

The Via Colony said...

That is awesome!! My mom tried to teach me to sew. I can hem and replace buttons now but that is about the extent of it. I love your tote. The colors are beautiful! Way to go=)