Sunday, July 20, 2008

Doughnuts and the Y, Go Figure

I thought I would share some of the craziness that goes on in my head. On two occasions when I have seen a Krispy Kreme Doughnut truck, I thought, Forget a Wells Fargo truck, this is the truck I would hi-jack! Tonight I walked by one of the trucks outside the grocery store, and I could smell the doughnuts. Mmmm...good!

I went to a Zumba class at the Y this Saturday. It's pretty much like a Cardio Dance class, and I love it! Any chance I get to dance (and pretend I'm a Britney Spears back up dancer -before the whole getting married/getting divorced/having a breakdown deal, of course), I'm enjoying myself. I feel so energized after one of those classes, and I hear songs that I think must be popular (Buttons by Pussycat Dolls, anyone?). Of course, they could be older songs by now. I'd never know. I don't drive very long distances, and I honestly forget to turn on the radio when I'm in the car (plus I'm a bit of a talk radio junkie when I do listen). However, I really need to attend one of the sculpting-type classes because I need some toning up in more than one area. I just don't know how other people have time to exercise.

C and I joined the Y early in the year, and I started going to a Cardio Dance class on Fridays when my mom could watch the boys. Then, W was diagnosed and had surgery, and all the grand exercise plans were put on the way-back burner. W is too little for the child watch that is available at the Y, and I'm not sure how H would do in there. C and I have discussed each having one night a week we could go. Those would be sandwich nights around here. We just struggle to get motivated. What we need are some very responsible, very trustworthy, very capable baby-sitters. Side note: Aunt J, when are you and Uncle D moving back here? J/K, but I do so completely trust you :) There are others who might be reading this who would qualify as well... At least on this issue, it's not just us.

At a wedding back in May, a fellow mother asked myself and another mom if we ever let anyone besides our parents watch our kids? The answers all around were no. I thought, we need to all band together to help each other out! I have a friend nearby that I would feel completely at ease leaving my children with, but she has three boys of her own. I'm not sure whether asking a mom who has her own children to take care of to add to her load is a good answer. So what did my parents do? My mom has a sister who is twelve years younger and two cousins who were teenagers when me and my brother were younger. My brother and sister-in-law would be fantastic or my niece and nephew (their children), but they live several states away. I'm afraid it just seems like a problem we can't seem to solve. Maybe our plan to pick a night for me and a night for C will work. Wish us luck!

No comments: