Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Learning from my child

H asks what kind of spider is a cob? At first, C and I don't know what he's saying, then, oh a cob. A cobweb, get it? He thinks a cob is a certain type of spider. I looked it up in a dictionary, and the definition for cobweb is spider's web. C and I thought maybe a cobweb was a spider web with dust collected in it (not that we have any of those around our house ;) So, his questions make me find answers.

In other news, it's what a friend calls "sick house" here. H's cold was passed on to W. I think I have only succeeded in isolating the cold to H once since W was born. I am taking Contac to try to keep from getting it. H and W both seem to feel okay as they are playing normally, but they have runny noses and coughs. H was coughing from 1:30am to 2:30am last night.

We did go to the birthday party I mentioned, but it got pushed to Monday due to rain. All four of us went, and it was fun to hang out with friends. H lost it because he wanted a spoon to eat his ice cream with (they had plastic forks). We called it a night then, and of course, he fell asleep in the car. The mother of the birthday boy had great gift bags for the children which included: cute Hawaiian themed rubber ducks, those things you rub between your hands and the little balls hit the middle to make noise (have no idea what they're called), temporary tatoos, styrofoam rockets, and, saving the best for last, glow sticks! The glow sticks were way cool. Now don't laugh, but I don't think I have ever really had one. I enjoyed them as much as the boys! See, I'm still learning...

No comments: